North Carolina Correction Enterprises offers a furniture Reupholstery service to all user agencies.
The North Carolina Correction Enterprises Reupholstery plant, located at the Piedmont Correctional Institution, offers textile and reupholstery services to North Carolina’s Department of Adult Correction as well as affordable reupholstery services for State Employees.
Huge Selection of Textures, Patterns and Colors
Swatch cards of standard design and color of fabrics and vinyls are available upon request. Combinations of fabric and vinyl can be accommodated, but the price will be based on the fabric selection.
In 2006, the plant reupholstered over 1,200 pieces of office furniture and manufactured over 5,000 mattresses and 10,000 pillows for use by state and county prisons.
Workforce: 48 (approximate) offender workers and 3 staff positions.
Prices for reupholstery services are based on several factors:
- Yardage of fabric required (Varies by size and style of the piece to be reupholstered)
- Fabrics can be provided by customers for a savings
- Need for additional repairs parts (casters, lift, base, etc)
- No minor repair or refinishing of wooden parts
- Any required transportation cost
- Reupholstery products shall be picked up and delivered to Correction Enterprises Package And Distribution Warehouse in Apex, NC.
- More information about the State Employee Purchase Program can be found here.
- No antiques, recliners, sleeper sofas or sectionals.
Reupholstery orders can be picked up from and delivered to any North Carolina State Government-owned facility as long as pre-approval has been granted by someone in authority at that facility. Customers shall be charged a twenty five dollar ($25.00) fee for redelivery resulting from a missed appointment. Reupholstery orders can also be picked up from and delivered to the Correction Enterprises Package and Distribution Warehouse in Apex, NC.
State Employee Order Form
Reupholstery Employee Order Form (.86 MB .PDF)
Furniture Identification Labels
Reupholstery Tags Customers can print out reupholstery tags in order to label each piece furniture with their fabric selection and contact information.
Prices for reupholstery services are based on the following:
- Yardage of fabric required (varies by size and style of the piece to be reupholstered)
- Need for additional repair parts such as casters, lift, base, ect.
For pricing assistance please call (800) 241-0124
Our goal is to make employment attainable for this ‘Hidden Workforce’ by training offenders and helping these men and women find a productive job after incarceration. This proven method for reintegration helps lower recidivism.
Offenders at the Reupholstery plant learn integral job skills and receive extensive on-the-job textiles and upholstering training, creating an environment championing professionalism and customer service.
The Hidden Workforce
According to the Bureau of Labor and Statistics there are nearly 408,000 discouraged workers around the country. Many of these workers want employment but cannot find it. Our goal is to make employment attainable for this ‘Hidden Workforce’ by training inmates and helping these men and women find a productive jobs after incarceration. This proven method for reintegration helps lower recidivism and we couldn’t be prouder to be a part of that.Find out more